There are times when teeth are too badly damaged or infected for conventional restoration methods to be used. In those cases, tooth extractions must be done to ensure the safety of the rest of your smile. During these procedures, it is important as with all oral health care treatments to follow directions to ensure your mouth can heal safely. Here are some tips to help you overcome a tooth extraction:
– The most significant order of business for treatment after a tooth extraction is getting plenty of rest, including avoiding labor and exercise.
– Always use medications as arranged by your dentist and never overdose.
– Should any problems or irregularities arise during the recovery phase, be sure to contact your dentist.
– Do not forget how significant your dentist is as a resource for information regarding tooth extractions and healing methods to use after the surgery.
– If your dentist gives you any directions, it is always important to follow them.
– Your dentist has plenty of fantastic tried-and-true techniques for patients healing from a tooth extraction, so take notice.
– Do not attempt to drink or eat anything until your anesthesia has completely worn off, as it can present a choking risk.
For a diagnosis of your oral health and subsequent treatment options and recommendations, please contact Pristine Smiles to book an appointment with Dr. Nandhini Bogavelli and our team at our dentist office in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Call us at 717-790-2184. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!