Your toothbrush is one of the most important tools in your fight against plaque buildup and bacteria. Trying to choose a tooth brush is another fight all on its own. When it comes to toothbrushes, you have to pick which one that will be the best brush best for you and your smile. Many options include different sizes, styles, and shapes. Some tips to follow when picking out and taking care of your toothbrush include the following:
– A soft-bristled brush is best recommended to remove plaque and debris between teeth. Different bristles include a rippled, flat, trimmed, or dome shape.
– Look for brushes with a tapered or rectangular head that are also small so they can reach hard places.
– A non-slip grip and flexible neck for the handle are effective for a good grip and to better reach difficult angles of the teeth.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3 months, or when it begins to show wear, especially in the bristles. Worn bristles could potentially damage gums.
– If you’ve been sick with the flu or cold, had mouth infection or sore throat, replace your toothbrush to get rid of germs that could potentially lead to being infected again.
– Make sure to place it in an area where it can dry between brushes.
– When traveling, protect your toothbrush with a case to prevent flattening and to avoid germs.
– Powered toothbrushes are another alternative to get the best clean. You can discuss with your dentist which option is best for you.
To get the best dental care, be sure to come in for a biannual checkup at Pristine Smiles in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. Give us a call at 717-790-2184 to make an appointment or set up a consultation today!